WVIR-TV/NBC29 seeks a reliable and detail oriented Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk. The Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk performs a variety of general accounting and clerical support tasks related to the maintenance and processing of accounts payable/receivable. This position compiles and maintains verified accounts payable records, reconciles statements, and issues payment to vendors; generates customer invoices and statements; posts payments to accounts, communicates with customers to answer questions. The ideal candidate is a team player who possesses excellent customer service skills.
Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of assigned financial transactions which include accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Receives, reconciles, and processes vendor invoices
- Prepares customer invoices and sends credit notices
- Prepares accounts payable checks and posts all open items in accounts payable on a daily basis
- Research and resolve straightforward accounting discrepancies and irregularities in a timely manner. - - - --- Elevate more complex issues for resolution
- Work with sales department on a weekly basis
- Maintain postage machine
- Print and distribute reports as requested by management
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Maintain updated files for accounts receivable and payable
- Performs other duties as assigned